Monday 14 April 2014

Tuesday, April 15, Group 2



Dear Group 2,
I’m sorry I can’t be with tomorrow, but I’m confident you will follow my lead and continue learning. Last Tuesday we started investigating hypothetical situations. Below I have added links to the parts of Learning Links where you can practice what we did together. I suggest that those of you who come to the IT room actually go through these tasks in order to have a better understanding of the grammar. For homework, which is more important as I will correct it…see below.

First conditional – very possible in the future
Second conditional – possible
Third conditional – impossible, because it didn’t happen

Homework
In your learner diaries, write at least 3 sentences for the following hypothetical situations:

  • Things you didn’t do and how your life would be different if you had done them (e.g. If I hadn’t come to Italy, I wouldn’t have met my husband.)
  • Things you would like to happen, but have no control over (e.g. If I had more money, I would travel first class.)
  • Things that will happen if you want them to (e.g. If I watch more films in English, I will improve my listening skills in English ;-)

I won’t be online on Tuesday, but I will be during class on Thursday. If you want to be in touch with me at any other time, do not hesitate to contact me via email or Google Hangout.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment